Educating everyone about the benefits of using professional voiceover talent to brand and grow personal and professional businesses is one of the reasons I do what I do. Because I’ve received so many positive responses, decided post this again. Happy reading!
<<THE POWER OF SOUND>>
It has been my experience as both a Voiceover professional and professional in the corporate world, that many business owners, both new and seasoned, overlook one of the most important elements that will make or break their brand—the way it sounds. I invite you to learn about the exciting uses of Voiceover and ideas on how the “Power of Sound” can enhance your business and engage customers.
So–What is a Voice-Over?
Let’s start with a definition:
Voice-Over: (alternative spellings voiceover and voice over), describes the technique by which any disembodied voice is broadcast live or pre-recorded. Simply, it is a voice that is recorded or performed over anything. A Voiceover actor is also referred to as talent.
Below are just a few of the many uses of Voiceovers in business and everyday life:
Animation, Fashion Shows, Industrial Shows, Live-Action Films, Presentations, Radio and Television Commercials, Podcasts, Television Programs, Theater, Training, Video Games, Airports, Elevators, Parks, Museum Displays, On Hold Messaging, E-learning, Corporate Training
The possibilities are only limited by your imagination.
Benefits of using professionally produced Voiceovers
- Using professionally produced Voiceovers adds power, consistency and effectiveness to your message delivery, which makes your message even more memorable.
- Your customers will consciously and unconsciously appreciate and respect your commitment to quality when you choose to use professionally produced Voiceovers to showcase your business.
- Target listeners can be engaged in other activities like shopping, working or at play while listening to your message.
Why use professional Voiceovers versus a DIY recording?
- While it may seem easier and less expensive to read words into a cassette or digital recorder, consider that your audience is not only listening to the words, but also to the presentation. Ninety-four percent of human communication is nonverbal. If your message is missing important paralinguistic cues (how words are said), your listener can miss as much as seventy-five percent of the meaning.
- A professional voice talent is experienced in strategically projecting paralinguistic cues to effectively deliver the message to the listener. Cues like tone, pitch, loudness, rhythm, rate/speed, inflection and quality of the voice.
- Voiceovers are recorded in professional studios with professional equipment that can technically produce a polished recording of the voice talent without distracting background noise.
- Listeners will associate an unprofessional Voiceover and any other unwanted sound with you and/or your company’s brand.
- The most successful businesses have creatively used professional Voiceover services to effectively enhance their message and stay ahead of their competition.
For more information on how professional Voiceover services can enhance your business sound, contact me by phone at 918-619-3017 or by email at email@example.com.